Re: EOG features

A question I have, is how does EOG relate to gthumb? (i.e. why should I have both? If I should, when should I use EOG instead of gthumb?) It seems that gthumb does all that EOG does and allows simple editing.

Thanks,

Scott.

Lucas Rocha wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having a little dilema about EOG redesign: should EOG be able to
save image changes (rotation) to disk? I tend to say "no" because,
actually, EOG is an image VIEWER (there is GIMP for image editing). My
plan is: 1) add an "Open With" "File" menu item to make it easy to
access an image editor; 2) replace "Save"  and "Save as" menu items
with a "Save  copy" one, like Evince; 3) auto-rotate images based on
EXIF data.

I'd like to know what you dudes think about it. I don't know if saving
image changes is a common EOG use case. IMHO, it shouldn't be. :-)

p eace

--lucasr