Pango performance work for Gnome 2.14

Hey,

one of the last GTK+ team meetings, we discussed that it would be nice
to get all the Pango performance work done by Federico, Billy, Behdad
and others into Gnome 2.14. To make this possible, we will shorten the
release cycles of Pango (and GLib, since Pango depends on new GLib API),
concentrating mostly on finishing the performance work.

I know that we are a bit late (with 2.13.2 already behind us), but I
have done a GLib 2.9.0 release today [1], and Behdad will follow with a
Pango 1.11.0 release as soon as possible.

Matthias

[1]
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2005-November/msg00034.html