Re: Enable accessibility by default in development releases?

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 12:00 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
[...]
> FWIW, it effectively disables the reduced resources mode in metacity
> (except that the minimization animation remains off) which would
> result in part of Metacity being untested.  It may also drive users
> mad from the constant slow keys and sticky keys dialogs that appear.
> (I know it shouldn't seem like common operations to press shift 5
> times in a row or hold it down for over 8 seconds but I seem to
> periodically do one or the other without thinking about it,
> particularly the latter fairly often)

Considering that there are pros and cons, why force all developers,
contributors and testers to take part in this? It would be good for the
debugging of a specific part of the desktop, sure, but at a cost that
probably not everyone wants to pay.

Just like with the suggestion that Vicent made a few days ago regarding
making GNOME crash. Instead of making this changes a *must* for all the
people involved with the HEAD code, why not better making more noise
(mailing lists, p.g.o, etc.) so everyone know that exists some areas of
the desktop development that need some love?

My 2 �.

Claudio
--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>