Re: Three Point Zero - Idea Mockups
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- To: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
- Cc: Mike Hearn <mike navi cx>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Three Point Zero - Idea Mockups
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 19:06:03 +0200
On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 09:21 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 04:28:21PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> > So maybe GNOME should switch to a purely name based versioning scheme.
> > Drop the 2 prefix, it just becomes GNOME not GNOME 2 and give each release
> > a new name (avoid animals, it's been done ;). That would also focus
> > peoples minds back on iterative improvements instead of breaking backwards
> > compatibility or top-down rethinks. Instead of "GNOME 2.12" it could be
> > called, oh, I don't know, the GNOME Topaz release.
> Didn't we do that with "October GNOME". I forgot why we stopped?
because we released April GNOME a year later, and users were confused.
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
] [Thread Prev