Re: [PROPOSAL] Gnome Desktop Bookmarks

Hi Ross,

On 5/9/05, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 13:10 +0200, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> > Thus, I reviewed the recent files spec, and using the ideas expressed on
> > the wiki page, I came up with a specification for desktop-wide
> > bookmarks[3] - which also covers the recently used files list as a
> > corner case.
>
> If this specification is aimed to replace the recent files specification
> from fd.o, then it would be best for it to be discussed at fd.o as the
> successor.

I'll send it to the xdg list.

> One issue I do have with this specification is that it doesn't allow any
> sorting apart from date-based to be done.  Something I'd like to see in
> a new "recent files" specification is the ability to store a count of
> the number of times an item has been added to the list, so that groups
> can be sorted in most/least frequently used rather than just recently.

The current spec implementation allows custom sorting methods to be
used when getting/purging the bookmarks list; but I think that a
mandatory "count" attribute to the Application tag could be added to
the spec without much of an effort - at this point of the design.

Regards,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>