Re: [PROPOSAL] Gnome Desktop Bookmarks

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 13:10 +0200, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> Thus, I reviewed the recent files spec, and using the ideas expressed on
> the wiki page, I came up with a specification for desktop-wide
> bookmarks[3] - which also covers the recently used files list as a
> corner case.

If this specification is aimed to replace the recent files specification
from fd.o, then it would be best for it to be discussed at fd.o as the
successor.

One issue I do have with this specification is that it doesn't allow any
sorting apart from date-based to be done.  Something I'd like to see in
a new "recent files" specification is the ability to store a count of
the number of times an item has been added to the list, so that groups
can be sorted in most/least frequently used rather than just recently.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./