Re: ANNOUNCE: Deskbar Applet 0.3 (keybindings)

Hi Nigel,

Once you handle the global keypress you can do whatever you want. Tomboy also has a keybinding (Alt-F12 by default) that presents the applet's note menu.

There is already a dependency on libegg: tomboykeybinder.c already relies on eggaccelerators.c.

I think it is a bad idea to make the global keybinding more accessible to apps... really there should be a central API that integrates with GConf to store keys sequences and command actions which integrates with gnome-keybinding-properties (which has a static action list today). This would avoid global keybinding conflicts and allow altering them in a single place.

-Alex