Re: Bugzilla: Reducing bugspam and finding patches

Hey,
	Nice work :-)

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 00:39 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:

> 3. Already fixed (duplicate)
>    Some crashers have been fixed a long time ago, but they still receive
>    daily bugreports. These bugreports can now be rejected automatically.
>    For this the first 5 functions of the stacktrace are used, coupled
>    with the GNOME version (to prevent regressions being rejected).

	This one worries me a little - e.g. look at one of the panel crashers:

150809 /GNOME2\.8\./ gtk_widget_set_sensitive g_cclosure_marshal_VOID__POINTER g_closure_invoke g_signal_has_handler_pending g_signal_emit_valist gnome-panel

	Its certainly conceivable that we introduce some new crasher with that
signature. I guess, though, that since we're only matching against GNOME
2.8 bugs, its less of a worry.

	I wonder would it be better to leave these bug reports through and
automatically mark them as duplicates ... that way its always in the
database for someone to find later.

Cheers,
Mark.