Re: i18n and GNOME hackers

Today at 16:27, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> So, if you are a non-english native speaker GNOME hacker (or if you are
> fluent enough to use GNOME in another language than english), please use
> it by default on your system and report bugs (when translations is there
> but not displayed). And of course, this call is also valid for
> translators who usually know which parts of applications they have
> already translated.

I support this initiative by Frederic, and let me add that apart from
misreferenced gettext domain names, it's not uncommon for programmers
to miss appropriate calls to set up translation when they switch to
GtkUIManager (from GtkItemFactory) or even miss to set up translation
domain when they load in .glade files: these kinds of omissions are
usually reflected in application menus being untranslated, so you can
notice them quite fast.

Btw, Frederic, what were the untranslated applications you noticed?
I'm running 2.10 since it came out and I didn't notice any regressions
in the apps I regularly use.

Cheers,
Danilo