Re: [PATCH] make "Open Location" dialog multihead aware
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org, Davyd Madeley <davyd madeley id au>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] make "Open Location" dialog multihead aware
- Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:47:51 -0400
On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 12:18 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> Seems like Metacity ought to have that placement algorithm built in so
> nautilus and any other span-multiple-xinerama windows can just work
> (after all, Metacity is the one that chooses "center on parent"
> already anyway, and appears to already have code in that section to
> "clip to xinerama of parent" which is apparently something a little
> different than what you are proposing). Even if we don't want to do
> this in general (e.g. may by problematic for windows that are half on
> one screen half on another but don't fully cover both screens), we
> could probably do this for at least _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DESKTOP
> windows. Havoc, sound reasonable?
If nautilus is already setting uposition then metacity can't do anything
since we can't ignore uposition, the fix has to be in nautilus.
If nautilus isn't setting uposition, just setting the parent
relationship, then the correct fix is in metacity.
] [Thread Prev