Some thoughts about-me (not *me* me) [Was: the about-me capplet]

<quote who="Matthias Clasen">

> - is a bit heavy on work-related fields. I mean, who really wants to
>   know about my assistant (if I had one) ?
>
> - the "Personal Info" tab looks intimidating with all those long
>   entries

> - it was not immediately clear to me what kind of data I am expected
>   to enter in the "Calendar" field
>
> - why is the ui so different from the contact editor in evolution,
>   do we need two different uis for essentially the same task, or could
>   we just open the contact editor here ? Admittedly, the contact editor
>   has its own ui issues...

Hmm, this really suggests to me that opening the Evolution contact editor
for all of the complicated stuff [1] is a good idea, and saves time by
letting us fix just one thing. :-)

[1] Say, pretty much everything outside gecos fields, email addresses and IM
accounts? Don't think this is a very current screenshot, but perhaps shaping
it around the very sexy c-l-a dialogues would be a good idea?

  http://www.burtonini.com/computing/screenshots/contact-applet-3.png

I might write up some stuff in the wiki for ideas.

- Jeff

--
OSCON 2005: August 1st-5th         http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2005/

    "It will test your head. And your mind. And your brain, too." - Jack
                           Black, School of Rock