Re: Certification for GNOME apps
- From: Dave Neary <dneary free fr>
- To: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>, foundation-list gnome org, Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- Subject: Re: Certification for GNOME apps
- Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:09:21 +0200
Selon Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>:
> Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk> writes:
> > - Software which is license violating
> > - Software which otherwise harms the name of GNOME
> > - "Software the foundation management believes would harm the reputation
> > of GNOME"
> > - Software where a referendum of members is called, counts achieved and
> > the referendum is passed against certification [ie a last resort]
> what are you thinking of
> 'harming the name of GNOME'? Is a clause requiring acceptable levels of
> privacy sufficient? Do you have other, concrete concerns here?
The GNOME certification process would be a stamp of approval handed out by us.
As such, we would have to be careful that we don't hand out a GNOME stamp of
approval to people we don't approve of.
] [Thread Prev