Recent Files Manager in libegg
- From: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>
- To: Desktop Development List <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Recent Files Manager in libegg
- Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:38:45 +0200
[I've already sent this mail on the gtk-devel list]
With my troubles at $ORK finally over, and with more free time again
on my side, I finished the new recently used resources management that
should replace the libegg/recent-files code.
The code is here:
It contains the RecentManager object, which handles the operations on
the list and its changes; the RecentChooser interface for viewer
widgets; a simple GtkMenu-subclass, to be used as a sub-menu for a 'Open
Recent' menu item, or for a GtkMenuToolButton.
The code depends on the stable versions of GLib, GTK and libxml2. Just
for the examples, we also need libglade and libgnomevfs.
* purging of the list is still unimplemented;
* the menu widget allows appending custom items, but not prepending;
* filtering on visualization is still unimplemented;
* in the HIG v2.0, the "Open Recent" sub-menu was removed in favour
of a inlined list; I think this sucks on win32, too.
* filtering using a GtkFileFiler-like object (already defined,
albeit still unimplemented);
* TreeView-like widget, in order to implement an Office-XP-like side
pane, with some meta data (icon, status, full location, ...).
Can someone have a look at it, and tell me if it's okay for me to commit
it into libegg?
 In the "Houston, we've got recovery" sense.
[P.S.: the Menu code has a bug (does not chain up the finalize method);
it has already been fixed on my development tree; also, I'm already
working on the filter object, so when I commit the code, it'll hopefully
Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>
Web site: http://log.emmanuelebassi.net
] [Thread Prev