Re: eggcups (and libgnomecups) for 2.12

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 07:58 +0200, Jon K Hellan wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 19:56 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 18:20 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Looking at the schedule I thought I'd missed the time period left for
> > > new modules, but looking again it appears we still have a small amount
> > > of time.  I'd like to propose eggcups for 2.12.
> >
> > Opinions?
>
> I think it would be a good idea if you could give us a short description
> of what it is.

It does several things, but the task most interesting in my opinion is
that it monitors your print jobs and tells you when they're done.
Basically you print something, an icon appears, it greys out when all
your jobs are done.  You can click on it to find out their status.

For more information:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-July/msg00126.html

> What does it do beyond what gnome-print does?

I'm not sure how to answer that since I don't know exactly what you're
referring to by "gnome-print".  There's no such module...