Re: Remove "AccessX" from strings of Keyboard Accessibilty capplet
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM>
- Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Remove "AccessX" from strings of Keyboard Accessibilty capplet
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:08:31 +0200
On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 14:49 +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:
> >Is now a good time to drop "AccessX" from the strings?
> No please. Also, old-time Windows users may remember this as 'Access DOS'.
> The feature is still widely referred to in the accessibility community
> as 'Access X', so I see a real downside in removing it, and little benefit.
What exactly is "AccessX"? A specification, a brand or trademark? Or a
non-trademarked name of an application that previously existed, to which
GNOME's feature is similar?
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev