Re: Application/System Tools vs System/Administration

Yesterday at 21:36, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 07:43 -0700, Rob Adams wrote:
>>  and focus-follows-mouse is just
>> silly really, despite the fact that I use it :-) ).
>
> Sorry - but focus follows mouse is so far from silly that
> the word loses its meaning in context.

Let me remind everyone that this is a discussion about showing this as
a preferences capplet.

To illustrate my point, I use the following:
 - focus follows mouse
 - double clicking titlebar shades the window
 - I don't have a taskbar anywhere on my desktop (I have a window list
   menu button though, but I rarely use it: I have a big [3x4] number of
   workspaces)
 - I don't have minimise on my titlebar (I just have close button on
   the left side, and general menu on the right—I should probably
   remove the menu one as well, since I rarely use it, and it's
   available with a right-click on the titlebar as well)

To get to all of these, I need to use gconf-editor anyway.  I didn't
even know you could set some of these through a "Windows" capplet.
I'm not yet ready to become your average home user (to use all the
defaults), so I appreciate having these options, but I really don't
care about the "Windows" crapplet.

Cheers,
Danilo