Re: switching to g-c-c shell? [Was: Re: Control center and capplet merging]

<quote who="Bastien Nocera">

> Does Martin read utopia-list? I posted about that in more details last
> week after a talk with Matthew.

Yeah, he does. Seb's just pointed this out to him, too.

> > So, the argument here is that sometimes XVideo doesn't work, yada yada.
> > In Windows, you turn "video acceleration" on and off, much like Totem's
> > options for TV out. Maybe that's one way of keeping it around, but less
> > confusing.
>
> I don't agree. Even having to turn video acceleration off is gross. Why
> would you ever want to disable acceleration? At worse, it should be in
> GConf.

If XVideo exists but doesn't work - I must admit, I'm musing based on past
b0rkages. Maybe it's not an issue these days. But somehow, I doubt it. ;-)

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 8th-10th         http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

    100% Pure Slashdot Wisdom: "Source code gives a whole new meaning to
                              free software."