Re: Control center and capplet merging

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 11:09 +0200, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Hi Diego,
>
> Op Sun, 26 Jun 2005 00:37:14 +0200, schreef Diego Gonzalez:
>
> > I have read the wiki page ( http://live.gnome.org/PreferencesRevisited )
>
> > http://www.es.gnome.org/~diego/app.html .
>
> Great work, Diego.
>
> The font capplet UI itself should get a ui-review too, but that one's
> pretty hairy I'm afraid.
>
> > If maintainers and usability experts think this is appropiate I can
> > continue merging capplets as suggested in the wiki page. I won't do the
> > ones that imply merging a capplet with a dialog from gnome-system-tools,
> > as we are too close to the deadline, for that work it might be better to
> > wait until Carlos has liboobs in shape.
>
> I don't know what liboobs is, but you did remind me of the fact that the

FYI, LibOObs is the ongoing implementation of the library to access
system configuration through the (also experimental) next major version
of system-tools-backends. This will make really easy the access to
system configuration from any application which needs it :)

It's still work in progress, but looks promising

	Regards

PD: you can find some more info in
http://live.gnome.org/SystemToolsBackends