Remove "AccessX" from strings of Keyboard Accessibilty capplet
- From: Jaap Haitsma <jaap haitsma org>
- To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Remove "AccessX" from strings of Keyboard Accessibilty capplet
- Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 23:23:28 +0200
A while a go I filed a patch  to remove AccessX from the strings of
the Keyboard Accesibility capplet. E.g the window title contains the
text AccessX and various error messages as well.
The patch was not accepted because "AccessX" is a known term in the
My arguments for dropping the "AccessX" from strings in the capplet are:
1. Normal users don't know what AccessX is.
2. New users coming from Windows or MacOS do not know what it is
3. AccessX does not add anything if you already display Keyboard
The keyboard accesibilty capplet was discussed extensively 3 years ago .
Main reason to keep "AccessX" in the strings seemed that it would be
helpful for people migrating from CDE to GNOME. In the thread  it was
already suggested  to drop "AccessX" from the strings after a couple
of releases of GNOME.
Is now a good time to drop "AccessX" from the strings?
] [Thread Prev