Re: The wonders of cut'n'paste code
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: The wonders of cut'n'paste code
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:07:46 -0500
On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 16:12 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> We've been opposed in the past, since EggTrayIcon in its current
> form is not compatible with other platforms where GTK+ runs. What was
> discussed at that point was a stripped down simplified version that
> would be compatible with the Windows notification area.
That's what I meant, the simplified API. I doubt most of these apps are
using more than the simple API would allow (not that I've really looked)
> I suppose we should consider what we want to do for widgets that
> are in fact X desktop specific...
There's always the old queryInterface() approach...
if (tray icons support widgets not just pixbufs)
Or just have the gtk equivalent of gdkx.h ...
] [Thread Prev