Re: The wonders of cut'n'paste code
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no>, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: The wonders of cut'n'paste code
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:23:37 -0500
On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 16:12 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 13:55 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 18:34 +0100, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> > > Found this in bugzilla:
> > >
> > > >From bugreport http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=123570
> > >
> > > Regarding a patch to avoid sending multiple dock requests to the same
> > > window:
> > >
> > Someone needs to get this in GTK. It shouldn't be a ton of work, maybe a
> > week or two I would guess. Matthias and Owen no doubt have a more
> > accurate guess.
> We've been opposed in the past, since EggTrayIcon in its current
> form is not compatible with other platforms where GTK+ runs. What was
> discussed at that point was a stripped down simplified version that
> would be compatible with the Windows notification area.
> I suppose we should consider what we want to do for widgets that
> are in fact X desktop specific...
There is the (bad) precedent of GtkPlug/GtkSocket...
] [Thread Prev