Re: More desktop security thoughts (was Re: GNOME privilege library)
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- To: Mike Hearn <mike navi cx>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: More desktop security thoughts (was Re: GNOME privilege library)
- Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:00:24 -0500
> - Home. This is a machine connected to the Internet but which is
> owned and controlled entirely by one person: it may actually
> have multiple user accounts but they're all trusted, or there
> might be some trivial security (enough to stop little brother
> reading big sisters documents for instance).
This is true for the lonely gun case. When you have families sharing
machines, each person gets an account on shared computers, and the
practice is fairly common across Windows and Mac users.
] [Thread Prev