Re: Objections [Was: GNOME System Monitor will use libgnomesu]

Jeff Waugh wrote:
For 2.10, sure, but it gives us a pretty clear goal for 2.12, and there are
a lot of people who want to solve this properly.

People said the same thing about 2.4. And 2.6.

That means we add a library that we don't want for features in one small
Desktop program, which we and our distributors have to support for 2.10 but
remove again in (hopefully) 2.12. That's a lot of work for very little
benefit - reality check: it's just *procman*, dude. :-)

And gnome-ppx.

But seriously: you have to start *somewhere*. We were all small when we were born.