Re: Proposed modules: my consensus so far

Beno�Dejean wrote:
	In the discussion with Hongli, I said:

 ... worries me because it leaks some admin-tool functionality into a
 user tool which I think is likely to be frustrating and confusing for
 users who *don't* have root. It also isn't optimal for users who *do*
 have root - having to type the root password for every process you
 want to kill isn't fun.

if root, password is not prompted.

libgnomesu does not ask the password for accounts that don't require a password. Try these:
- Run gnomesu as root. No password prompt.
- Run gnomesu as root and try to run a program as normal user. No password prompt. - Run gnomesu and try to run a program as a user who doesn't have a password. No prompt.

libgnomesu uses PAM whenever available, and it uses the pam_timestamp extension (only available on RedHat as far as I know). So it will not ask the password again, within 5 minutes (or whatever the timeout is).