Re: API freeze and feature freeze on Jan 10th

<quote who="Murray Cumming">

> > AFAIK, the API freeze only affect platform libraries. nautilus-cd-burner
> > is not in the developer platform, is it?
>
> I don't think that it's spelt out that precisely. I think that API freeze
> of non-platform libraries is also useful, so that application developers
> can concentrate on stability.

It's a required freeze for Platform and an advisory freeze for Desktop. It
is probably the feature freeze biting Bastien though, but please let's not
confuse people about Desktop API freeze requirements. Desktop API can
change, but it's up to you to make sure things aren't significantly borked.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

     "It is said that there are only six jokes in the world, and I can
    assure you that we can only broadcast three of them..." - John Watt,
                   the BBC's Head of Variety in the 30's