Re: houston, we have a problem- 2.10 showstoppers

Elijah Newren wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:43:35 -0500, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:

The bug we have a handle on- go elijah go!
166722: gnome_url_show needs to use startup-notification and take a
timestamp parameter- basically, this is the 'when i open a webpage
from xchat, the browser never pops to the front' bug. Given how much
work has been put in to fix focus, we shouldn't be shipping with
something that affects external users so much.

I should point out a few things here:
(1) I think this bug can be punted, given a small change to nautilus
and gnome-terminal to make them attempt to handle not being launched
with startup notification--similar to what Galeon and Epiphany now do.

(2) As far as I know, Mozilla and firefox are still basically broken
in this respect and there's not a lot we can do about it; those two
apps need to support startup-notification as launchees (including the
timestamp part of startup notification).  Without that, there's no way
to get them to work, whether they are launched with
startup-notification or not.  This should probably be in the release
notes in the known issues section.

Someone point me in the right direction, then. I'll get this supported in Firefox and Mozilla upstream.