Re: houston, we have a problem- 2.10 showstoppers

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:31:24 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Of course, if we do get J Random Enthusiastic and they do screw up we
> can always ship an old release tag of VTE, so I guess there's no genuine
> danger other than hurt feelings.

Somebody could do a friendly fork and create a "new" emulator widget from
the VTE codebase. If they know what they're doing and the results are
good, it simply replaces VTE at some point in the future. If it all goes a
bit Pete Tong then there's another terminal emulator in the world and
that's the end of it. Boils down to the same thing but I think it's a
nicer way of treating people ...

thanks -mike