Re: Exciting GNOME?

I certainly support a new default widget theme (the popular candidates
look nice to me, no favoritism there), but please, please please don't
mess with the icon theme!

Fully agreed. The default wm is not good (difficult to click its buttons) and both the Simple and Default widget themes leave much to be desired. But the icon theme rocks and it should not be changed IMHO. The KDE noia/crystal icons are not as uniformed, most don't even have the same orientation which is very important for an icon set for a specific distribution of software.

Eugenia