Re: [Usability] [RFC] Announcing: Control-Center-GUI 0.1

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 17:42, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Christian Neumair">
> > It is a little app which is meant to eventually replace the preferences
> > menu.
> > http://manny.cluecoder.org/packages/control-center-gui/screenshot-0.1.png
>
> So, I don't agree with your starting point (tabs hiding things, rather than
> OS X flat-panel categories style which may be better), but I strongly and
> enthusiastically encourage you to continue experimenting with new ideas for
> the control-center interface! Very rocking.

I kind of agree with your objections, but I definately like this better
than the OS X flatlook, which is rather, well, flat and simple and makes
you overlook controls (imo).
The panel has this design too, it's nice. Can't you put it in a
scrollwindow instead of the tabs (similar to panel), and put the
category-thingy in it in some other way?

I really thinks it's rocking.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>