Re: Alignment of multiple top-level windows

Most likely this question is arising from a mistake in the overall
design of your application.  Most likely what you want is a standard
window with a menu bar and a toolbar, rather than the "menubar" and
"panel".  Beyond that, you can use gtk to set window positions, which
will do so in a manner that is consistent with ICCCM and EWMH, the two
relevant standards.

-Rob