Re: autotools gives autopain
- From: Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no>
- To: BJörn Lindqvist <bjourne gmail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: autotools gives autopain
- Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 18:33:44 +0100
fre, 16,.12.2005 kl. 18.13 +0100, skrev BJ�Lindqvist:
> > > Gnome currently uses the GNU Autotools for building all projects.
> > > Autotools is hard to work with and complicated and there are lots of
> > > techically superior build systems out there. Therefore, I suggest that
> > > GNOME should gradually replace Autotools with scons (www.scons.org).
> > I'd suggest that this would not be a very interesting topic of discussion on
> > this list *unless* you converted one of the existing GNOME modules to scons
> Right. That's the easy part. Any GNOME modules wanna sign up for a
> FREE conversion to scons? Limited supply, order now!
How about gnome-hello? It's supposed to be the template for any gnome
] [Thread Prev