Re: API documentation requirements for next releases

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 06:58 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   That comes out of the blue for me. I'm not adverse to this, but as one
> of the affected modules maintainers I would have loved to heard from it
> before, especially as I don't use gtk-doc (I tried for years and finally
> wrote my own stuff upon which I firmly depends on at this point) and I will
> need to customize my tools.
>   Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea, but the process to make
> sure it works for everybdy sounds really broken !

It was discussed on desktop-devel-list in August this year, and Murray
resurrected the thread two days ago.

What do you use for documentation in libxml?

It would be good to have little Howto sections in the proposal page that
refer to other documentation systems.  Murray, you said you use Doxygen
for gtkmm --- is that the case?  How would one add the "Since" and
"Deprecated" stuff to it?

Also, we probably need to pull abicheck.sh out of gtk+ and use it
elsewhere.  Any takers? :)

  Federico