Re: EOG features

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 12:43 +0100, Emmanuel Pacaud wrote:
> Le jeudi 01 décembre 2005 à 12:18 +0100, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> > I would personally prefer a quick image viewer to not support editing
> > (and thus save, except "save a copy"), and implement rotation as a view
> > function, with auto-rotation bases on the file metadata.
> > It could even
> > reuse the rotation you used last time (saved on a per-file basis).
>
> Instead of saving rotation in a separate file, why not change metadata
> of the file itself ? Possibly with a preference titled "Automatically
> update file rotation metadata". If checked and file is read/write, save
> in file metadata, if not, save rotation setting in a separate file.

Is there some good way to do this then? We certainly shouldn't be
changing the actual "which orientation was this photo taken in" exif
setting.

Maybe there is another exif setting we can use. But that only works for
jpeg, and it changes the file, thus risking causing problems.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a time-tossed voodoo grifter on his last day in the job. She's a
chain-smoking goth archaeologist who hides her beauty behind a pair of
thick-framed spectacles. They fight crime!