Re: license of libegg/recent-files

Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk> writes:

> On Maw, 2005-08-16 at 18:03 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > > Seems that part of the code has been licensed under GPL instead of LGPL;
> > > IANAL, but doesn't this means that every project including recent-files
> > > code should be GPL'ed too?  Anyway, isn't the usual license for Gnome
> > > code LGPL?
>
> Any program using libegg probably, at least as the GPL reads.

libegg can't be linked to, and isn't built as an installed library.
Widgets in it are supposed to be licensed appropriately for their target
application.  I would be surprised if the recent-files stuff is intended
to be GPL, as the eventual target is GTK+.  (I'd also be surprised if it
actually ended up in non-GPL code.)

Thanks,
-Jonathan