Re: control-center-2.10.2 empty after upgrade/recompile

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 08:04:58AM +0400, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

Hi Nickolay,

> > It seems really fine, and some glitches are easy to fix or
> > can be ignored for now. Except the dysfunctional
> > gnome-control-center.
> >
> > 	This time, the *control-center* just shows an empty main window.
> > 	No Menu.
> > 	No Icon.
> > 	No Warning.
> > 	No stderr.
> > 	No Nothing.
> >
> > Have You any idea you to find the bug?
> > Some old stuff to unregister/delete, because the
> > "make install"s went into a 2.6-and-earlier-used-gnome2
> > directory.
> >

> The good point if there is no warnings at all (but I think they should

strange, isn't it? There is really no output at all.
So I believe that the application is stuck in some
initilialization stuff.

> present) is strace. You can try to run
>
> strace gnome-control-center >& a.log
>
> and make this log available.

Hmmm.. it's a bit long (500 KB) so I compressed it.
Seems as if something inside is waiting for data that don't
come though a socket (very last call pattern).

> I suspect it just can't find required files or something like this.

> > desktop-devel-list gnome org
> > http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop-devel-list

Hope, that we can sort it out some way, because the new
gnome looks good...

- Marian