Re: Default Theme

Il giorno lun, 01/08/2005 alle 01.38 -0500, Shaun McCance ha scritto:
> Let me get this part off my chest first:
>

> 3) The libgnome maintainers need to change the default GTK+
> and icon themes in their GConf schemas.
>
> 4) The Metacity maintainers need to change the default
> theme in their schemas.

There is no way to do it in gnome-themes at install times?

I suppose someone with gconf-fu could write a [makefile rule|scrip|
other] to change the default value installed by 3) and 4)

This is:
      * rational - libgnomeui and metacity provide the schema for GConf,
        gnome-themes provides the default value
      * scalable - if/when we well change the default theme, all needed
        changes to apply are in gnome-themes
      * ISV friendly - if ISVs like to use another theme, they can
        simply patch gnome-themes or provide a new module to set default
        GConf values. See for example
        http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/gnome2-suse.html