Re: the future of the release team

Hi Mark:

You might have read too much into my email.  I think the current process
is pretty robust too.  And I don't mean that I or any maintainer don't
have a vested interest in the release process - of course we do.

My point it that there are details of the process which are mostly only
of interest to maintainers if they appear to have noticeable
side-effects, e.g. nobody cares if it's not obviously broken.  It would
be preferable if the process as seen by developers who aren't part of
the group-formerly-known-as-release-team remained unchanged.

Any changes to established processes are like changes to interfaces;
they inevitably generate errors even when they are self-evident
improvements.  So let's not change the interfaces unless they clearly
need improving.

- Bill

p.s. - freezing-hard-asses is too many keystrokes, how about
bollix gnome org ?