Re: The future of the release team

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 08:54 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	Have you noticed how little interest there has been in this discussion?
> That worries me. It suggests to me that we've grown complacent[1] about
> the release process. What we need is renewed energy, rather than
> complacency. I'd prefer the process to get a little messy again for a
> time rather than continuing down this downward slope of complacency.

FWIW, I agree with Mark. The proposed model isn't so different to what
happens internally amongst the release team, but the huge advantage is
that people can get involved with, say, release notes, without also
feeling a responsibility to check freeze break requests and so on. Also
it means people who can get involved will, rather than having to
allocate every release-related job to a small number of people.

It's worth a try, anyway. I was just agreeing silently.

--
Andrew