Re: The future of the release team

For the record, I'm increasingly agreeing with Mark's idea. And it looks
to me like we've agreed within the release-team to do most of this, though
we expect the current release-team members to be the volunteers for the
specific tasks this time.

I think it's a nice combination of transparency and responsibility, both
of which have been lacking a bit during the last few cycles, leading to
some delays and confusion. The release process is well established but
there's a lot of room for improvement - and I think that can have a
noticeable impact on the (already amazing) speed of development and the
quality of stable releases.