RE: Goals for 2.10 - desktop-wide profiling

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 09:30 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> When using massif with gnome, use something like:
> --alloc-fn=g_malloc --alloc-fn=g_realloc --alloc-fn=g_try_malloc --alloc-fn=g_malloc0 --alloc-fn=g_mem_chunk_alloc
>
> to get more useful graphs.
>
> Also, gnome apps have deep backtraces, so use at least --depth=5.

Last night I threw together a quick document describing how to use
massif with GNOME with the intention of using it to "seed" an
optimisation section on developer.gnome.org. (Say under
Documentation/Programming Guides.) I can probably also write one about
xrestop.

Sri has already pointed out that a wiki would be good, but the website
already exists.

Barring major objections, I should have something up by the end of the
weekend.

 - Callum