Re: GtkFileChooser extensions

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 20:11 -0700, George Farris wrote:

> Yes I know I'm the minority but the fact is that many people spent many
> years getting used to the tab completion and then when it goes away it
> makes things more difficult.  Would it not be possible to add tab
> completion to the CTRL-L dialog?  I mean the code must already exist
> somewhere.

Unfortunately, the main problem with Tab completion is that it's
(arguably) a 508 accessibility violation-- it "disrupts or disables
activated features of other products that are identified as
accessibility features".  In this case, GNOME's (and most other
desktops') use of Tab everywhere else to move focus.

Cheeri,
Calum.

http://blogs.sun.com/calum             Java Desktop System Group