Re: Goals for 2.10 - desktop-wide profiling

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 19:01, Maciej Katafiasz wrote:
> Hi hackers,
>
> Now that 2.8 is out, it's time to set off for 2.10 goals. One of the
> issues I'd particularly like to see addressed is current GNOME's
> unfriendliness towards low-mem setups[1]. There are still very common[2]
> machines with 128MB or 64MB of RAM, especially in corporate
> environments. It's a shame they cannot be used to host GNOME,

Well after reading your message I slammed Ubuntu on a celeron 500 with
256megs of ram and it really could use a boost.  It pretty much sucks
speed wise (Ubuntu is great).

Of course a really good solution to drag and drop is required too.

--
George Farris <george gmsys com>