Re: the future of GNOME Applets

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 10:37 +0200, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> * hardware-playback (which we currently use) can be shared across
> applications. Software-playback (ripping, as Alan calls it), which is
> what we eventually want and what sound-juicer does, can not, afaik. So
> in order to have nice interaction between applet and gnome-cd, you need
> a daemon or so, which is all very hacky and not really what we want.
> * someone actually needs to add a sound output to sound-juicer. It's on
> my wishlist and might end up on my task list some day. I think Ross had
> similar time constraints.

I do indeed have Grand Plans to turn SJ into a CD player which rips.

Mockup screenshots can be seen on my blog but I have a day job which
doesn't involve GNOME coding for a living, so instead of being brave and
saying "ready for G2.10" I'm thinking more of G2.12 (or G2.B, or G12).

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./