Re: Regarding CD/DVD Burning

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 18:22 -0700, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
<snip>

> So, what is your opinion? Should CD/DVD burning be scattered around
> different apps, or a single app should be created that does everything? And
> in any case, is the Gnome Project moving in the direction of either
> polishing and including the above applications to the core distribution, or
> create a /new/ C-based multifunction burning app?

Yeah, I've been thinking about this a bit lately as well. I really like
having some sort of burning from respective applications, but I think
there is no way around having a generic burning application as well (for
audio/data, etc).

I think the best solution would be to have a elegant centralized burning
application, that allows you to create any combination of CDs. I think
we need to break apart from the mold here somewhat and explore simpler
interfaces than what is presented by most apps today (Coaster I think
looks quite nice, but I haven't been following its development much. Is
gtkmm even being considered for inclusion in the future?).

Then, in each respective app the user would have the option to 'Burn to
CD' their respective selected tracks/photos. When clicked, the user
would be presented directly with a dialog along the lines of:

	You've Selected Items to Burn to a CD

	What would you like to do?

	|Cancel|     |Advanced Interface |   | Burn Them!|

Sorry for no glade mockup :)

Thoughts?

Britt