Re: Improving panel menu code: proposals

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 13:44, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>
> >   BTW, it would be nice to have the panel menu pickup newly installed
> > desktop files.  I really hate logout or killing the panel to see newly
> > installed applications in the menu.
>
> 	This should already work - certainly with FAM enabled. If it doesn't it
> would be worth logging a bug, but it'd be nice if you could spend some
> time figuring out exactly when this fails to work - installing a new
> .desktop file in ~/ or just modifying a file in /usr/share/applications
> or ...
>
> Cheers,
> Mark.

Untested with recent versions of the panel, but previous versions would
only pick up new entries in existing submenus of the panel - an entry
that "created" a new submenu wouldn't show up until after killing the
panel, even when fam is running.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz ULYSSIS Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."