Re: GNOME 2.8 Release Candidate 1 (2.7.92)

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 14:29, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > I suppose those NEWS files are autogenerated from tarballs that are
> > install-module'd.  Is there anything the Perl bindings can do to get our
> > news listed as well?  Jeff, any news on the script you were hacking on?
>
> As long as you have reverse-chronological NEWS files in your tarballs, they
> should turn up when I post-process the release tarballs.

Well, then there's something wrong here, as

  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/bindings/2.7/2.7.92/NEWS

doesn't show our news.  And although we did roll new tarballs for every
GNOME release, all sources/perl directories under the 2.7 directory
actually have the same tarballs: the ones from the 2.7.2 release.  This
means that anybody relying on the GNOME server is testing unstable
releases that are three months old.

--
Bye,
-Torsten