Data files installation

Hi all,

I'm break^H^H^H^H^Hupdating the panel to use some icons of
gnome-icon-theme instead of icons we used to install in
/usr/share/pixmaps/

There are still some very important icons like the fish animations
for Wanda and I don't know where to install them. Previously,
they were installed in ${datadir}/pixmaps/fish/, but I think
they should be move somewhere else, like ${datadir}/gnome-panel
or something like this.

Right now, the panel installs files in:
  /usr/share/gnome/panel (glade files)
  /usr/share/gnome-panel/glade (glade files for the applets distributed
with the panel)
  /usr/share/gnome-2.0/ui (menu files)

The third one is ok since it's shared by lots of GNOME apps, but
the first two should be merged somewhere. The question is: where?
Is there a policy for this?

I'm thinking of using /usr/share/gnome-2.0/panel/ because I don't
think we should populate /usr/share with lots of gnome subdirs and
using a versioned subdirectory might be useful.
Any comments?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.