Re: Porposing libgnomesu for 2.10

Hongli Lai wrote:
I'm the maintainer of libgnomesu and I would like to propose it for inclusion in 2.10. libgnomesu is a library which allows applications to run programs as another user or root. Think 'su' with graphical user interface.

Some additional information before anybody asks. ;)
- libgnomesu is not an authentication system - it's an abstraction around whatever system is available on the current machine.
- libgnomesu will use PAM if available.
- If not, traditional shadow passwords will be used.
- RedHat's pam_timestamp extension is supported. So on RedHat, if you enter a password, it won't ask you again for the next 5 minutes. It will not display the tray icon though, I don't know how to do that. If anybody does, please tell me.