Re: [gnome-love] Release Schedule, iCal file

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 16:40 -0400, Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
> Luis Villa wrote:

> >>Awesome! Thanks! I'll add it to gnome.org/start/2.9/ shortly.
> >>

> >Actually, as has been pointed out, we already had one, we were just
> >obscuring it (since we weren't sure at the time it was correct.) It
> >seems correct, so I've put up a link to it on the gnome.org/start/2.9/
> >page. Anthony, thanks for kicking us into action, even if we didn't
> >actually use your work.
> >
> >[Desktop-devel, if you want to subscribe, the link is:
> >
> >webcal://www.gnome.org/start/2.9/schedule.ics
> >
> >]
> >
> Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why the schedule calendar is
> tied to a particular release?
> Why not just use one calendar (maybe
> webcal://www.gnome.org/release/schedule.ics) and update
>  it for each new release schedule?

Probably because that's how all our scheduling has been done- broken
into chunks. You're right, it would make more sense this way. And that
would make evo-webcal's 'update this' actually useful ;)

So, I've done webcal://www.gnome.org/start/schedule.ics, though you're
right, it probably should have been
webcal://www.gnome.org/release/schedule.ics Hopefully someone can change
that later today. I've also not linked to it; my sense is that the other
schedule files need to be found and relinked first. Again, hopefully
someone can do that today.

thanks for the suggestion-

Luis