Re: Finding files from Nautilus

Hello,

Sometimes, I have a hard time believing Nautilus doesn't have a search
function. What is the purpose of a file manager? Whatever your
response is, I believe searching for files is the most significant.

The inability of Nautilus to search for and filter files in the
currently opened directory is torturous. I hate to have to hunt one
file in a folder filled with ten thousand files manually. I have
always considered a file manager to be the google interface on my
desktop. Unfortunately, I have to open a terminal to search for files
on my desktop.

I don't have gnome-utils installed so I can't use the global search
tool. I have used it in the past, and I wasn't impressed either. I
think Nautilus is incomplete without a search function. The most
important function of a file manager is searching, filtering and
displaying files in a logical manner. Either that, or I have got the
whole concept of a file manager wrong, and need to stick to using the
terminal.

Regards